Saturday, December 18, 2010

First Flu

This week was full of illness :(

Logan caught the stomach flu.  We were all ready to get out the door to our annual Christmas Party with our close friends at Amber's.  All of a sudden, blah....Logan gets sick all over himself and me.  Yuck!  Gary and I scramble to get him changed, myself changed and figure out what is going on.  Is he really sick?  Did he eat something off the Christmas tree, AGAIN? He was not warm, acting normal and did not appear sick.  We sat down for a little bit and discussed the options.  We were going to be around other families with kids and pregnant women. I was not comfortable allowing anyone to go just in case we carried it to someone else.  Its the week before Christmas...not to mention that I am serious when it comes to germs.  I find it rude when people come around others when they are sick and I would not put another family in jeopardy.  So we made the call to stay home.  Gary ran our gifts to the party and tried to hurry home...good thing because Logan was sick twice more when he was gone and Mama needed a shower!  The flu lasted about 2 days with cranky kid, tired kid and just plain poor looking kid.  It's hard to believe that no one else caught it in our house.  Well, I mean, I do clean and use sanitizer (haha) but you know what I mean!  Gary had caught a cold/flu but was nothing like my baby.

I am happy to say that it has since passed and we are free and clear for Christmas....which is in a week. OMG can't believe that!

No comments:

Post a Comment