Thursday, September 19, 2013

In the groove

We are SLOWLY settling into the groove of back to school and fall sports.

It has been almost a month. Dominic is still as hard to get up as ever. I swear, it is like waking the dead! He is enjoying school and has decided to try orchestra. In the spring he had said that he no longer liked playing the sax. It was not his thing. I understood but encouraged him to stay with it. He did not want to until his teacher told him that he was one of the best sax players! So, he decided to keep it up through the end of the year. After so much thought, he decided he was done with band and was not going to continue when he went into 6th grade.

Fast forward to the first week of school. We were very surprised when he decided to try the cello and join in the orchestra. We were reluctant of wanting him to join because of last school year. Plus he had decided to play basketball and lacrosse. I did not want him to get overwhelmed with activities. BUT we allowed him to sign up. Some of his good friends are playing the same instrument and I am hoping it is a wonderful experience for him.

Dominic is doing well in school. All straight A's and has been doing great at WANTING to do his homework. This has been a struggle for so long. He just wants to eat and play with his friends when he gets home. But this year, he has made it a priority to do his homework. This kid, guys, is growing up! WAY too fast. 

Logan started soccer 2 weeks ago and he is loving it! Dominic practices with him and I know how much they enjoy it together, even though, Dom does get frustrated with Logan doesn't do what he needs to. It is adorable to watch. Since Logan is in the under 4 group, they are doing more skill sets than games. He had his picture done last week and I cannot wait to get them back!

After a lot of thought, we decided to skip gymnastics for Charlie this year. She is still super shy around larger groups. Hangs on my legs. Wants me to hold her. Next year we hope she wants to join in and start dance class. Because SERIOUSLY, what is cuter than a 3 year old little girl in a dance uniform jumping around? Or in a leotard on the balance beam? NOTHING! Plus I have a special place in my heart for dance. I did it when I was young. I was even on the pep dance squad for football.

Our family is adjusting. Getting into our fall groove. Anxiously awaiting all of the fun fall activities we have planned. All the while, we are missing the beach!

2 comments:

  1. so exciting about D

    I love little ones playing soccer....so so cute!!!

    We are waiting til next year for dance...we have a place that does non-recital sign up is in December and classes are in February, I am excited...I love little girls dancing

    miss you guys

    ReplyDelete
  2. One of the few reasons I will be sad if we never have a girl is missing out on dance lessons. I too have a special place in my heart for dance.

    So glad the routine is settling in. How neat about D and the cello. Orchestra was not an option at my (very small) school; I find it fascinating.

    ReplyDelete