Thursday, November 28, 2013

Gooble Gooble Gooble

Happy Thanksgiving!

This year we are doing our "dinner" much different than any other year. I am cooking, as I did last year, however we are eating at 11 am! Yes, our dinner is really brunch time. My mom and my aunt both have to work at 2pm. My family is very accustomed to eating early, we usually eat between 1-3pm. When my Dad was alive, we would switch our "dinner" time to when he was done with work (either eating at 3:30 pm or 1:00pm) My family is very go with the flow. I grew up with a Dad who was almost never there for holidays he always worked shift work. So this year when we had to change up things so that we could spend time with my family before they all head to work in retail, it was no big deal. I volunteered to have "dinner" here. Then on Saturday, my mom will cook our huge Thanksgiving feast and my entire family will be there.

I did not do thankful posts every Thursday this year. I am thankful for everything that I have written about in the past:
*Gary - He is awesome. The person who makes me feel protected. Loves me through the good and bad!
*My kids - They are fabulous. They are a great mix of super sweet and crazy. I laugh everyday because of them!
*My family - I love them! Always count on them to help when I am in need, especially for a babysitter! heh
*My friends - Ones that I can text my complaints to, share my joy with and have fun! 
*Our jobs - We both have our bad days, stressful days and long days but we have secure jobs. It puts food on the table, pays the bills and provides us with our home.

I am looking forward to spending 3 days with family and friends!



1 comment: