Thursday, August 14, 2014

Celebrating America



The 4th of July was my Dad's thing. He loved hosting a huge picnic, grilling for everyone and having fun with his family and friends. This tradition has been passed down to my family and we enjoy it, almost as much!

Our picnic is never on the 4th of July. I have too many family members that work and would not be able to attend, so we have it either Saturday or Sunday around the 4th. This leaves the 4th open for us to join our good friends Stef and Grant, along with their family, for a big picnic! A parade in our small home town! And, of course, fireworks!

As soon as we arrived at the picnic, it was time for food. (perfect timing) We sat down, ate and then headed down to the parade. 








After the parade, the kids had so much fun riding on the golf cart. They took turns in the front seat and cramming onto the back.



The grown ups play some games of corn hole. I found out that I am not too bad! Before we knew it, it was time to head out to see the fireworks.



The following day, we had our picnic here with our family and friends. My best friend was in town and she got to attend. She hadn't been to one of our picnics in years. It made this picnic that much better.

The kids had a great time playing in the tunnel that I had bought. They crawled through it, rolled down the hill in it and ran around with it on their bodies. It was so funny.



Next year we will have a trampoline to add to the fun for the kids. It is here (Logan asked for one for his birthday so we got one for all 3 of them and will be putting it up soon).

 

We even had our own fireworks display thanks to some friends. 





The night sky was gorgeous


I did not get to take as many pictures as I wanted because I was hosting. Cannot wait until next year. Our annual traditions with family and friends are the best and I treasure them.

3 comments:

  1. I love the pictures! So glad we got a chance to celebrate together!

    ReplyDelete
  2. We wanna come to one of these 4th of July parades, looks like so much fun!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is always on the 4th and right in Mars :) We would love for you all to join us.

      Delete